Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sloth strikes back

You remember when I did a post about "Se7en"? And I believe Kaleb told you about the "Sloth" doors. Perhaps you have forgotten. Anyway, there are two doors on my floor, right next to each other, with no labeling whatsoever. I pointed out the general freakiness about a week into the term and Kaleb suggested that it might be the residence of "sloth", strapped to the bed in unspeakable agony and awful freaketry.

Well, we've never seen anyone go in or out of those doors . . . until last night. J-Saud and I were doing the ol' "knock on the door and run like crazy people down the stairs or into the flat because we are scared out of our wits about what may come out of those doors" routine. We do this a lot; pretty regularly over 3 months. Anyway, I was running ahead of Jeremy and fumbling to open the door. When we got in, he told me in a hushed whisper that he saw the door open and light pour forth. You could have heard a child scream, the silence was so complete. Sure enough, there was knocking on our door. We wait a terrified fifteen seconds. I look through the peep hole and it was something so hideous and hairless. . . that it didn't have any hair. In other words, the dude was bald. And then, he laid down his fearful ultimatum - "Could you guys stop knocking on other people's doors." So I just answered, "sure we'll stop."

I did not really have my wits together. I should have maintained deniability. "Uh, I don't know what you are talking about dude." Or, I could at least have told him that his is the only door we knock on. That would have made him feel special. Or especially mad. Anyway, I decided to appease the beast with an easy, albeit boring, answer.

The End

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! *dies* You guys are hilarious! You actually have been knocking on that door and then running away?? Wooow... we're *definitely* in college here. :P

    *is still laughing really hard*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that cracks me up I can't believe you did that. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete