Sunday, November 9, 2008

I make a promise

Alright folks, it's coming up. Our blog scores the big 1000 hits mark. That's right, people have looked in on this all-too-beautiful page 1000 times. So here's the deal. You scroll to the bottom of the page. If you see a golden 1000 staring back at you (or just a gray one - whatever) take a screen shot of it and email it to me or Rob, or let us know in the comments section. But you'd better have proof! (Or be able to swear on your mother's grave and all such and sundry) 

If you are that lucky person, you have two choices. If you're in Moscow, I will buy you a cookie at Wheatberries. Or a foccacia pizza. Whichever you want. If you're in Pensacola/Milton, I will buy you a doughnut at Milton Bakery come Christmastide. If you fit in neither category: first of all who are you, and second of all, you can ask any of us you would like to write on whatever you would like. 

Should nobody catch the magic 1000 (if somebody gets it and doesn't know, or doesn't let us know) and you see 1001, grab it. The nearest person (after 1000, no 999 business) will get the prize in their stead. Alright people. Watch and wait. And keep hitting that refresh button.

10 comments:

  1. Tada!
    You owe me a doughnut, but I wish I lived in Moscow so I could have a pizza.
    Picture will be forthcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry mpk,
    Chocolate with sprinkles.
    -Dr. Noland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies and Gentlefolk, it's finished! within just a few minutes the 1000th hit was snagged by your friend and mine, Dr. Ed Noland.

    MPK, unless you can produce a photo of 1000 hits, you've lost. I'm sorry. If you can, you and Dr. Noland both get doughnuts.

    Dr. Noland, you name the time and place and some chocolate with sprinkles are yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had won, would you have written something on some topic instead of a doughnut, if I had asked? (gasp) Will you still write something for me, just cuz?!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trey, as much as this goes against my better judgment, I will write on any topic you give me (within reason, dude) if you buy me a sausage biscuit come Christmas. Deal?

    By the way, I just deleted that first comment that you had already deleted - it just looked ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have proof. I took picures of 1000 (and 1001 just in case). As soon as I figure out how to get them on the computer and include them in a email I will show you that I deserve the doughnut I claim.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright MPK, go for it. You have my email address, no? If you can send me a picture of 1000 hits I'll be most impressed, and you and Dr. Noland both get doughnuts.

    Trey, not taking me up? Come on dude, gi' me something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's true - MPK also has a "1000" picture. Not sure how, but your blogspot counter put us both at the magic number. She actually took a picture of the screen with her digital camera, which I have seen. She just can't figure out how to get the picture of her computer screen back into her computer. I find that amusing. And apparently, she really really wants a doughnut.
    -Dr. Noland

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, I'm on an office computer, and apparently Susan, my office manager, was signed in. Please, just call me Sue.
    -Dr. Noland

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. MPK, at least one doughnut of your choice is yours. That's terrible that the blogcounter messed up. Be worried no more, your reward is at hand.

    Dr. Noland, careful, you of all people ought to know that life ain't easy for a boy named Sue.

    ReplyDelete