Monday, October 27, 2008

I dip my big toe in the dungpit that is the 2008 election

Alright people. Open poll. Put in the comments who you will try to make the most powerful person in the world come November 4 and why.*

If you feel like it, try to convince me to agree with you. I'll be voting in what is arguably the biggest swing state in the country, the Sunshine State of Florida itself. I'm also trying to figure out whether I'm going to write in "No" for President (as the right Reverend Rob Hadding is doing), or "Stephen Colbert" (for reasons that should be easily visible - namely, the sheer beauty of voting for Colbert).

Oh, and if your name is Trey (or even if it isn't), feel free to rant and rave about whom you hate the most in this election. Just attempt to avoid profanity/obscenity as much as possible.

*NB - I don't actually think that the President of the United States is the most powerful man in the world, but he's close enough. Search out your beef with me elsewhere.

3 comments:

  1. I hate all politicians, Kaleb. You know that and you know why. I'd advise you to vote for Stephen Colbert because what is according to the plan is that everyone votes for either McCain or Obama. Voting for Colbert is not according to planned and if he did become president then everyone would lose their minds! Introduce a little anarchy, Kaleb, with your vote and this world just might be that much more interesting.

    And I will leave you with this quote. I don't think I need to say where is comes from:

    "An iron fist quietly sits inside the velvet glove
    Take control, untouchable just like God above
    I cant escape, wrapped in red tape, what will become of me?
    If I object, then I defect my country tis of thee"

    (P.S. Did you enjoy my response?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I most certainly did. Thank you very much. Rob greatly enhanced it by reading the last sentence of the first paragraph in a Joker voice. Megadeth was a nice touch. I really don't think I'll be voting Colbert. The more I think about it, the less I know whether I will vote No or McPalin. I am a man torn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaleb, did you notice our Basketeer(tm) Rob has ummm... moved off of 'NO?' Sorry...

    al sends

    ReplyDelete