Monday, February 16, 2009

You might have heard from me earlier. . .

. . . If Kaleb hadn't objected to that particular post. Of course, I say that Kaleb objected but the reason I didn't post it immediately was because I was nervous that it could be misconstrued. He merely concurred. It was a bit of satire about obscenity (in which I make up my own absurd non-obscenities and suggest uses for them). If you want to see that post (which was really quite excellent and original) send me an e-mail at rob.noland@gmail.com and I'll send it your way.

Alright, on to the second order of business. You may have noticed that I purposefully avoided starting the post with "I." Then again, you might not have noticed. Well, this is your chance to notice. This is a protest against Kaleb's titling method. I have taken digs at it before. I think it is sort of egotistical (and bordering on the annoying) to start every post that way. After all, it isn't all about me is it? It's about YOU, my readers. Therefore, until Kaleb offers a good explanation for his titling (that involves more than just wanton copycatting of another esteemed blogger) I will start every post with either "you" "he" "she" or "they". If he isn't very persuasive then I will keep my titling.

NB: I don't really think Kaleb is being egotistical; I just want to see his reason for starting every post on a two-author blog with the pronoun "I".

2 comments:

  1. And yet, this post contains 19 first-person pronouns and only 8 second-person pronouns

    ReplyDelete