Thursday, February 5, 2009

I know it's been a while

...since we've been regularly posting. It's been a crazy week and there looms another on the horizon. Just hang on. We'll make it through somehow, I promise. In the meantime, a rundown on the importances and random things of life as I have seen them, in no particular order. 


1. This is incredibly creative. To think I just used legos to build massive castles full of fighting midgets. 


2. From Florida this week. A woman gave birth to the baby she was trying to kill while in the abortion clinic, and the nurse threw it away. In the garbage. The most frightening line of the article is this, regarding what is basically described as a surgical version of a spear: "We don't use these in terminations [anymore]." 


3. Quote of the day, from Oscar Wilde. "One should absorb the colour of life, but one should never remember its details. Details are always vulgar." Poor little gnostic. 


4. I can't wait to see these at Walmart, piloted by obese men buying Diet Coke. 


5. Speaking of the WalBeast, who in the world thought it would be a good idea for them to sell roses?! Seriously. What kind of man buys his wife roses from Walmart? I mean, I know what kind of man buys his wife roses from Walmart, the same kind of man that stuffs her stocking with Skoal and Moon Pies for Christmas. But I mean, just come on. 


6. This is pretty epic. Careful cause there's a few very violent/bloody/disturbing images on there, so don't go clicking on the "objectionable content" labels. 


7. One of the coolest misspellings ever: "90 minuets in heaven"* Also an awesome name for an album. 


8. I just started listening to All These Things That I Have Done by The Killers. One wonders how men responsible for such lyrical drivel as Somebody Told Me could come up with "I've got soul but I'm not a soldier." 


9. And this makes me abundantly happy. They should have bulletproof pocket protectors and short ties. 



*this was referring to the book 90 Minutes In Heaven

10 comments:

  1. Good to know we'll be dancing with those incorruptible bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do wives really care where the flowers come from? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa I must agree with you! I'll take flowers from Walmart anyday(if we ever had a walmart where I live), its the thought that counts ;) even wildflowers count, for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd prefer wildflowers to Wal-Mart flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What in the world are y'all talkin about!!!!

    Am i the only one that saw some of the greatest and most moving pictures of our time. come on, does someone else want to get on the boat with me? because that was shere beauty. that may be the greatest set of photos i've ever seen in my life. so moving, so human, such an image of Jesus Christ and his glory and sacrafice. how blessed we are to be in a country where we don't have to see Americans hold up their dead infants every day, or even at all. go ahead, get mad at our government if you want. but not me. i'll just shut up and praise Jesus Christ for his mercy to our people, his people.
    Glory to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who lives and reigns forever, whose mercy and grace are ever poured on us. Let us never, never forget his spilt blood for us.

    Kano T

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bro.

    Just for general knowledge, Kano is no America-as-the-new-Israel-ite. Too often people talk about America like we (Americans) are the new covenant people of God, and the North American continent is the new promised land, the Atlantic our Jordan river. Kano and I talk about this from time to time, so when he says "praise Jesus Christ for his mercy to our people, his people" we're talking about two different peoples. Our people of America, as an extension of his mercy to his people, the church. At least, dude, I think that's what you're saying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Right you are, Teb.
    i'm sure you all know that the puritans under bradford truely believed they were the new israel. they even named their children descriptivly like ancient israelites. i am not that. But when i say "...our people, his people," we can not completely seperate this, at least, i don't think we can(i'm willing to be corrected on that, by the by). "Our people" and "his people" are intwined and seperated. SUPRISE!!! it's a paradox! we are the american people, but we are also not the american people, we are the children of God. I suppose it comes down to the fact that we must, as modern day Christians, find a way to live both as Americans and as children of God. So, if you are the reader that skips to the end of the paragraph, i'm really just agreeing with Kaleb's description of what i said. Confusing, i know.


    Kano T

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe no one said anything about the abortion article. The sheer insensitivity is heart-wrenching, both on the part of the doctors and the heartless mother.
    Also, did anyone hear about what Obama did with one of his wonderful exectuive orders? He sent billions of our tax money to 'coerce' Mexicans to have abortions. It's supposedly called family planning. What does that sound like to you? It's horrendous enough that we are murdering our own unborn babies, but to extend a helping hand outside of our country to'coerce' others to do the same sounds like madness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really really like what that guy did with those legos.

    Also I think you'll find that judging the Killers by the song Somebody Told Me isn't really fair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Horace, I couldn't agree more. The Killers are awesome, but my experience with their songs is pretty limited. And that's definitely something I want to change. "When You Were Young" is an amazing song.

    ReplyDelete