Friday, December 26, 2008

I respond.

Friends, Americans, Countrymen (and all you international types too), a gauntlet has been thrown down. 

I am referring, of course, to the last post, which features a stunning portrait of myself, along with sundry gibberish. The only proper response to such behavior is to post another cooler, more generally awesome, and somehow better-looking picture of myself to top Rob's.














I leave you to judge how well I succeeded. 

But I jest. Nay, the real response must be to Rob's incredible claim to harbor abused words. As indeed he does. If by harbor you mean beat, bend, and violate. Rob claims to shelter misused words, and does so by further misusing and abusing them. One imagines his similar shelter for abused dogs including such friendly items as whips, over-tight muzzles, and cattle prods (I jest, of course, Rob loves dogs - medium rare). Despite my redneck upbringing, my Southern heritage, and years of bad influence, I refuze too right sentence's "like" this won hear. It gives me a headache. 


Also, and on a separate note, as Josiah deftly pointed out below, and as Theresa predicted, I missed two of my calls on films if we're going by Rotten Tomatoes. As I went with the RT the first time, I'll stick by them now, although I note in passing that they've been wrong before. Looks like Valkyrie passed and Bedtime Stories washed. I had such hopes, but I should have known the minute I saw Courtney Cox was involved.

Well, all, the world is made new. The world of orphans, divorce, rape, murder, oppression, cancer, and the stomach flu has already been reborn, renewed, and remade, just not yet. Praise to our Christ, the God-man. Merry Christmas, even if it's late. 

P.S. Rob is really an animal lover. He has more love for dogs than almost anybody I know. Which makes it all the more rad and hysterical that I make him out as a dog hater. And yes, I totally said "rad" so I could use the label "I said rad." While we're at it, sigma. Got another one. 

4 comments:

  1. Do not speak lightly of stomach flu. I contracted on Boxing Day a few years back... well, either it was stomach flu, or it was an overdose of Ben Affleck's face from seeing Paycheck in the theater.

    Epsilon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't dare speak lightly of the stomach flu. Or of Ben Affleck. I can only stand him in small, diluted doses, like in Good Will Hunting. Somehow, if he's swearing the blue streak off of several cats, he can maintain the illusion of masculinity longer.

    Lambda. Happy Belated Boxing Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Au contraire. Happy three French hens day.

    (upsilon!)

    ReplyDelete