Thursday, May 8, 2008

Why I started a blog with such an outrageous title

Why did I start a blog with such an outrageous title and such a hard-to-spell web address? So glad you asked. Well, I just started to think one day (this is one of the things I do once in a while) "flabbergast is a strange word." According to the Oxford American Dictionary it means "surprise (someone) greatly; astonish." What a boring definition for such a great word. If I were writing the dictionary I would define it as "to poke someone with a sharp object in the gut." The word sounds kind of violent and I think this definition gives it more justice.
So much for my title. Now to the purpose of this blog. . . On this blog I would like to present some of the absurdities of modern life and just a few of the things that make it worth while. I have the ambitious goal of writing a review of every book I read, and some of the more interesting music that has crossed my ears. I will also probably not be able to resist commenting on politics. Other than this, I might share some of my dreams (actually probably not) and what I am currently thinking about (run through a very strict filter). To all my future loyal fans, thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. well hello there. nice around here. every book you read? that'll be the day. I'm excited, this ought to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I predict that I may get a bit lax once I start reading a book a day at NSA (hey, I made a rhyme).

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. now we certainly know
    the maturity level that'll go
    all over this blog . . .
    my mind is in a fog
    over with what go will rhyme
    that third time.
    I guess I didn't do too bad
    for no rhymes having had.

    **sigh**

    ReplyDelete