Friday, January 9, 2009

Rides n' such

At NSA, there comes a time in the waiting period before the beginning of a break or the end of it, when everyone needs rides to and from Spokane. Some people just happen to live in that city, and some people (like me) go there because it is the home of the closest airport (if we don't count Pullman).

This is one of those times. Well, I'm getting a little tired of all the politeness. These people always say that they would be willing to pay for the gas. Which is, of course, very reasonable. But I'm holding out for somebody to break the mold. Go ahead, be completely unreasonable. It's fun. Here are some ways:

"Of course, I would not be willing to pay for gas."
"Don't even think about asking me for gas money."
"You're going there anyway, all I'm asking is that you take me with you. It's your gas. Sheesh"
"As we all know, I'm a jerk. As such, it goes against my principles to help pay for gas."
"I don't believe in gas. Therefore, I won't pay for you to keep ruining our environment. But, as long as you're ruining it you might as well take me with you."


Now that would be in true flabbergasted style. You see, everyone's got a little "jerk" written in the small-print of their hearts, you just have to look for it.

I want to write a book: "Rob's Unreasonably Priced Book on How to be Unreasonable." I think it would be a huge hit.


N.B.: This is me being facetious. As far as I know, most of the time I'm not a jerk.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! Thats great Rob. As I was reading all of the e-mails, I was starting to think the same thing. I mean surely after 4 years of school together, we could find a favor to do for each other or something without worrying about keeping an even IOU list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Car? What do you mean, car? I was expecting you to carry me."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Well done. That would be epically unreasonable.

    ReplyDelete