Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why I don't listen to Green Day

Yes, you read the title right. The time for hypocrisy and rebellion is at an end. I've ignored God on the issue of my music for too long. I can't fool myself anymore that Green Day's rebellion is only against what's wrong with America, the fundamentalists, and the socially dead Christians. No, theirs is the original rebellion. They have thrown out the baby with the bathwater. They have thrown out Jesus Christ.

I do not mean to say that there is no legitimate reason for anyone to listen to Green Day. There may be, I just haven't found it yet. And I don't know what others do when they are listening to Green Day, but I was rebelling against the light. I was loving darkness.

So now I repent of recommending Green Day, approving what they are doing. I still believe that God has a purpose for bands like them, but this doesn't give me a reason for listening to them.

Thank the Lord for all his tender mercies. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. It's true that Green Day may just be rebelling against everything, but I think that they do have some things right. American Idiot is just spot on, put in one of those subtly straight forward ways that I just can't get enough of, lol

    but then again, I never really got all the way into Green Day, so I don't have much to say.

    ReplyDelete